Sunday, September 6, 2009

9-5-9 Vendors

Calzones to clothing vendors always have variety. Ive been coming to this festa as long as I can remember. Some things change, some don't. Food still is as I remember. One year me and bro hopped in my grandfathers car and headed to the feast. Getting there gramps brought us to a beer stand and ordered three. Me being twelve or thirteen didn't seen to be a problem to the vendor. Cop who slapped the beer from my hand had a different idea. Things in Europe are different and if you can stand at the bar you can drink at the bar. My grandfather told the officer that we were his grand kids and that if he wanted to buy us a beer that was his choice. The cop didn't agree. My brother and I said no problem we don't want it and tried to convince gramps of this. He laughed and blew it off like it was the first hes heard of this rule. Holding my grandfathers arm and telling officer we didn't want it and no problem all the while trying to get gramps to entertain the idea of the officers jurisdiction. We walked away with gramps smiling and no jail time, I miss that guy.

No comments: