Friday, July 9, 2010

7-9-10 Ginja

Ive been seeing cherries in all the stores lately and that always gets me thinking of making a batch of Ginja. This is a Portuguese liqueur that's great to sip in the fall and winter months. Mom usually gets me a bottle from Portugal when she gos but customs or luggage gorillas broke the last one she tried to bring. Family friend showed me how to make this lifers juice, Thanks Tino.
Ive got two different kinds of cherries today tart and sweet bings, falls gonna be fun.
Town in Portugal famous for this drink is Obidos where you can get it in an edible chocolate cup.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ginjinha

They are beautiful. Tomorrow Ill put them in the sun with the caps loose to get some color.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you get into your projects! Now.. Get Painting!!
Judy

Radar Check said...

I'm ready just tie in up a couple loose ends :)