Tuesday, July 28, 2009

7-22-9 Water Works and Mittineague Park

The main reason for cutting through the park was coming from this place. My Step grandfather was the superintendent of the water works. He and Gram lived on site and we would visit every Sunday.
Due to Sept 11 this place is closed up tight with no visitors allowed. I remember this road to the house with the cement pillions that lined the way.
I asked, went up to the gate stated who I was and security told me to hang on he would talk to his boss. Over the speaker," my boss will meet with you momentarily". The new super came out and we had a good conversation. Gist of the story unless I was a politician no tours for foreseeable future. I thanked him for his time.

A little left in the tank, pulled out the bike for a peddle around here.
http://www.mittineague.com/park.php
Hilly park with good looking brooks for a dip.
looking both ways.
Nice place for a photo opp.

http://www.west-springfield.ma.us/Public_Documents/WSpringfieldMA_Historian

No comments: